Print the PDF file and fill it out prior to your visit
Documents for Before & After Appointment
8 Reasons to Schedule a Bone Health Evaluation
1. Most individuals with fractures have an underlying bone health issue that we can fix. Most often it is a question of calcium, vitamin D, protein and/or exercise.
2. Half of all women and a quarter of all men will fracture unnecessarily without evaluation and treatment.
3. Most Iowans have vitamin D that is too low to absorb calcium.
4. We can optimize your bone health before elective orthopedic surgery to encourage faster, better healing.
5. As we age, the risk of fracturing increases. This is natural after age 30.
6. Many people in their teens and 20s never reach their maximum bone health potential. We can help identify and resolve these issues.
7. Insurance routinely covers an initial bone health evaluation, regardless of age. We take care of preauthorization for you.
8. Our evaluations are comprehensive and include DXA, VFA, blood tests (CBC, CMP, TSH, PTH, vitamin D) and a half hour consultation.